Medulin (Croatia) – the most detailed information about the city with photos. The main sights of Medulin with a description, guides and cards.
City Medulin (Croatia)
Medulin – a city in the north-west of Croatia peninsula Istria. This once tiny fishing village today is one of the main Istrian resorts with excellent sandy, pebbly and rocky beaches. Medulin is a great place where You can spend a quiet and romantic vacation.
- Geography and climate
- Best time to visit
- Practical information
- How to get there
- Shopping and shopping
- Food and drink
- Maps and guides
- Comments and reviews
Geography and climate
Medulin is located in southern Istria, 8 km south-east of Pula. The climate is Mediterranean (humid subtropical). Summer very warm, the winter is wet and mild. Water temperature in the summer of 23-25 degrees
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Medulin is from July to September. The beach season lasts from late May to October.
- The population is about 6 thousand people.
- The area is 32 square kilometers.
- The language is Croatian.
- Currency – Kuna.
- Visa – Schengen.
- Time – Central European UTC +1, in summer +2.
Camping in around Medulin
In the vicinity of Medulin there are many beaches on any taste: sandy, pebble, rocky. The most famous beach is Bijeca. It is sandy, has a length of 1 km and is located in the center. cities. Skrape is a rocky beach with clear sea. Alba Chiara – pebble beach with good infrastructure. Belvedere – modern beach with all amenities. Also in the vicinity of Medulin located many great campgrounds.
Medulin is located on the site of the ancient settlement of Mutila, destroyed by the Romans in the 2nd century BC. Further it is known that in the 12th century there was a small fishing village here. The heyday of the settlement fell on the 17th century and the Venetian period in Istrian history. The town became a tourist center in the 60s 20 century.
How to get there
Medulin is located just 8 km from Pula. Walks between cities Bus 25. The journey takes 20-30 minutes. Pula is easy to get from other cities in Croatia and some cities in Italy (Venice, Trieste).
Shopping and shopping
Medulin – a small tourist town, so shopping here pretty monotonous. It is better to go shopping in Pula – the largest Istrian city.
Food and drink
In Medulin you can find many excellent restaurants with Croatian and Mediterranean cuisine. Main dishes: fish and seafood, pizza, meat dishes and pasta. The highlight of the Istrian the kitchens are crab sauce, cuttlefish risotto, prshut (ham) and fragrant truffle dishes. Best restaurants: Salt & Pepper, Octopus, Koral, Boccaporta.
Medulin – a small town in which quite a bit attractions. This is a popular beach resort where Much attention is paid to tourism and the organization of good recreation.
Church of sv. Agnes
Church of sv. Agnes – the main attraction Medulin. This is a building with a white facade and two bell towers.
The embankment is one of the most popular places for Medulin. walks. There are many cafes and restaurants, there are souvenir shops.
Where can I go from Medulin:
- Vizhula is an interesting archaeological complex located in the very center of Medulin bay. Contains the ruins of ancient tombs, remnants of Neolithic settlements and the ruins of a Roman villa.
- Pula is the largest city of Istria with an astounding Roman heritage, the buildings of the Republic of Venice and Middle Ages.
- Poreč is a small ancient city with a unique basilica of the times. Byzantium and many other historical monuments.
- Rovinj – one of the most beautiful cities of Istria with charming Venetian architecture and the labyrinth of narrow streets, red tiled roofs and ancient buildings.