Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic – one of the most sought after tourist destinations, which is called a piece of paradise. Located resort on the east coast, in a place where there are waters Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean.
In this article, we will share useful information with those who chooses a vacation in Punta Cana, namely with lovers of hot climate, surfing, diving, golf and tennis, like ourselves. ?
- Prices for tours
- What to see?
- 10 best hotels
- How to get there? Airport
- Local Transportation
- Vacation with children
- 1 Holidays in Punta Cana 2019
- 2 When is the season in the Dominican Republic?
- 3 What to see in Punta Cana? Local entertainment
- 4 Beaches in Punta Cana
- 5 Top 10 Hotels in Punta Cana
- 6 Prices in Punta Cana 2019
- 7 How to get there? Punta Cana Airport
- 8 Excursions in Punta Cana
- 9 Local Transportation
- 10 Holidays in the Dominican Republic with children
Holidays in Punta Cana 2019
Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic was chosen by romantic lovers couples and respectable couples. But judging by the reviews, and for a noisy group of friends here, too, there are many places where you can have fun.
Whichever tour you choose – 14 days or 7 days – you always find something to do. The choice of tourists – three national parks, mangrove forests, fish restaurants. Because the tour for a week some may seem insufficient.
The price of tours to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Where better to look on your own?
Comparing prices for trips to Punta Cana for all to tour operators, these three aggregators give the cheapest options from possible.
We have been using these proven sites for a long time and all advise By the way, do not forget about the “last minute tours” section! Often You can grab a very profitable option there. ?
On average, tours to Punta Cana for two in a season cost from 140,000 rubles for 10 days.
When is the season in the Dominican Republic?
The climate of the Dominican Republic is one of the friendliest. Summer lasts almost all year round. Air temperature rarely drops below + 23 ° С. There are two seasons in the country – dry and wet. weather in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic is determined by the subtropical climate, but thanks to soft breezes and trade winds, it rarely happens here exhausting heat.
Weather in Punta Cana for months
- January is clear and warm, with almost no rain, average daytime temperature + 27 ° С … + 30 ° С
- February is a very dry month, many cloudless days and comfortable nights, daytime temperature + 26 ° С … + 30 ° С
- March – warm and dry weather with daytime temperature + 28 ° C … + 30 ° C
- April is the beginning of the rainy season, but many more serene days, air temperature + 28 ° С … + 30 ° С
- May – short rains in the evenings daytime temperatures up to + 30 ° С
- June – the number of sunny and rainy days equally, air temperature is + 28 ° С … + 32 ° С
- July – the number of rainy days increases, it rains in the evenings, in the afternoon – + 30 ° С … + 32 ° С
- August – rainfalls are increasing, hurricanes occur, air warms up to + 32 ° С
- September – frequent rains with hurricanes, air temperature + 30 ° С, high humidity
- October – the amount of rain gradually decreases, the weather is warm
- November – an increase in the number of sunny days, air warms up to + 28 ° С
- December – clear, warm weather is set. with daytime temperatures of + 27 ° C … + 28 ° C.
Now, having familiarized with the weather, you can see the prices for tours to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) in the month that suits you.
Price is per person when you purchase a tour on two
What to see in Punta Cana? Local entertainment
We explored the main attractions of the resort and collected for you photos and descriptions. Many of them are unique natural and historical relics. Punta Cana is located in the province La Altagracia, which is famous for its excellent beaches, the national Parks and small town Higuey. Here is the famous the cathedral, where thousands of pilgrims come every year.
So what is the first thing worth seeing in Punta Cana?
“Show” red crabs
Ecological park Eyes Ecological preserved the natural tropical fauna and flora – red crabs, green snakes, lizards, frogs. “Show” for visitors arrange crabs during mating season, crawling out to the surface.
The reserve, which is located near Punta Cana, is striking guests a variety of animals and lush bloom exotic plants. One of the most interesting places on the park is a recreated Indian village where you can familiarize yourself with the culture and customs of the local population.
House Museum Ponce de Leon
The house was built over five hundred years ago by the Spanish conquistador. It is noteworthy that the structure is preserved almost in its original form. Today you can see the furniture and household items of those ancient times.
Marine Park “Marinarium”
Marinarium is a unique marine park in the eastern part Dominican Republic, which gives the opportunity to swim with sharks and take pictures with stingrays.
From the tips – check the mask before you sail from the ship, can to pass water. Also bring your underwater camera with you. capture the beauty of underwater reefs.
Outback jungle safari
Excursion is a day of acquaintance with life and life. ordinary Dominicans. If you have more or less tolerable level English, we recommend taking a tour at the hotel, and not at your own guides.
You will not regret, it will be a very fun trip! You learn a lot interesting about the culture of the locals and take with them atypical photos for your instagram. ?
Other notable places in Punta Cana include golf courses, caves, diving centers. They won’t let you get bored resort entertainment. Want to have fun and have fun in the evening? Go to the nightclub Imagine Punta Cana, located in a cave with an original design and interior. Also there is a casino in Punta Cana. Active holidaymakers have the opportunity go horse riding, safari, rafting, walking by helicopter.
Beaches in Punta Cana
The beaches of Punta Cana can also be attributed to the local attractions. Among them there are both public and private, intended for hotel guests.
One of the most beautiful is Arena Gorda beach. Before the clean beach, which, according to tourists, can be seen as clouds are reflected in the sand. ? And this is just a surfers paradise, here very often stormy sea!
Cabeza de Toro beach is a lonely place surrounded by dense rainforest. The sea here is very calm, from the open ocean is separated by coral reefs.
The beach of the coast of El Cortecito is marked Differences – Blue Flag. Free admission. This beach Punta Cana famous for the pure white sand and easy entry into the water.
Bavaro Beach – one of the main and crowded resort beaches. Here you will be in the sun the smallest white sand surrounded by coconut palms. Minus – algae, but near the hotels they are trying to clean up in a timely manner. Bao in Punta Cana is a very long beach, but its sand always remains cool The beach is among the ten best places for recreation not only in the Dominican Republic, but also in the world and marked with the Blue Flag.
All the beaches of Punta Cana have excellent infrastructure and provide all possibilities for water entertainment and activities sports.
Resort map (beaches)
We have prepared for your convenience a special map on which You can see the location of popular beaches. Punta Cana. On the map, the beaches are highlighted with blue marks, when you click on they appear detailed information.
Top 10 Hotels in Punta Cana
Now we will tell where you can stay in Punta Cana, first there will be more expensive options (5-star hotels), and lower – for very affordable prices.
Expensive and cool:
5 * Iberostar Grand Hotel Bao – a great hotel with enough spacious rooms in which is always very clean. Lovely kitchen (all inclusive). This hotel is for adults only that is a plus for those who are looking for a relaxing holiday. Service on very high level. The staff is trying to learn Russian, which is nice. ?
5 * Zoetry Agua Punta Cana – a great hotel for those who care. quality service and the ocean. The basic concept is the desire to help and please you in everything. The beach at the hotel is one of the best in Punta Cana, there are practically no people on it, due to the fact that the hotel is located at a considerable distance from the main places of rest.
5 * Eden Rock At Cap Cana – has a perfect location, not far from the airport, and the hotel will take you on your personal comfortable transport. We recommend to take a villa – your pool, no neighbors are visible, an electric one is attached to each villa Golf car, which is convenient to ride not only on the nearest golf club, but all around. The main thing is not to forget it charge on time!
5 * The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real – a hotel with excellent infrastructure, beach and good food (all-inclusive). Located in such a way that little encounter with other guests. In the dining room, by the pool, there is always a place on the beach.
5 * Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa – a new, clean hotel with sanitized territory, a lot of pools on any taste.
Budget and quality:
4 * Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa is an excellent hotel for family holiday with children. Well-groomed, clean area with rich vegetation and wildlife.
4 * IFA Villas Bao Resort & Spa – good value for money. quality. Friendly and helpful staff. Very big and beautiful hotel grounds. One of the main advantages – the beach (white sand and wide line).
4 * Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village – a budget hotel, located close to the airport but quite far from the center Punta Cana, where just the best resorts, restaurants and the shops. A taxi ride from the hotel takes about twenty minutes
4 * NH Punta Cana – a very inexpensive and decent hotel, is located near the coast.
3 * Whala! Bao is a good hotel for its money. Ocean is near fed decently, shops nearby. The rooms are clean, spacious, with balcony overlooking the pool bar. Equipped with air conditioning and fan on the ceiling.
We have prepared for you a map of these hotels in Punta Cana so that you could better navigate. Hotels are marked with blue marks, Clicking on which pops up detailed information and photos.
Prices in Punta Cana 2019
The local currency is the Dominican peso. Here you can also pay the US dollar. Rate of the ruble: 1 peso – 1.5 ruble. Prices in Punta Cana, as elsewhere in the resort area, are enough are high.
- The average cost of renting a hotel in Punta Cana is 8-15 thousand rubles (three or four star hotel)
- Prices in Punta Cana for food start at 500 rubles per regular one person dinner
- Dinner for two with wine in a restaurant will cost around 2500 rubles. For a cup of coffee you need to pay an average of 60-90 rubles, and for a bottle of local beer – 90-120 rubles
- The cost of the flight from Moscow to the Dominican Republic is from 40 000 rubles.
Where to eat?
Prepared for you a list of proven places where you can have delicious and cheap snack:
- Wacamole – great food, low prices. Average price: 280 – 1500 rubles.
- Kats Corner is a good place with helpful staff. Speak on English Good cuisine and cocktails. Average price: 500 – 600 rubles.
- JOY Nutritional Popsicle – a very beautifully decorated place, you will want to take a lot of photos, we assure you. ? Unconventional incredibly friendly and positive service. average price also: 500 – 600 rubles.
- El Rincon Del Marisco – judging by the reviews, everything is really very tasty and inexpensive. 2 servings of lobster (2pcs per 1 serving), 2 servings langoustins (3 pcs per serving), 2 crab, 30 shrimps and fish about 30cm, various drinks and side dishes. Total check 114 dollars. What do you think? ? . And the average price will be about 500-700 rubles.
- Wendy’s – and if you are looking for burgers and cokes on vacation, then you here. ? Located close to the airport. Here your average spending will be 400-600 rubles.
How to get there? Punta Cana Airport
Punta Cana International Airport is located 7 km from the city Punta Cana, 198 km from the city of Santo Domingo, 430 km from Puerto Plata. Today, the airport is the largest transport hub of the Dominican Republic and all Caribbean Islands.
The easiest way to get from Punta Cana Airport is as follows ways:
- transfer (many hotels of 5 stars offer upon arrival in Punta Canu organized airport transfer to the hotel door, when choosing, specify this question);
- taxi (quickly and comfortably from Punta Cana Airport to your the hotel can be reached by taxi, but the order should be taken care of in advance, due to the large number of arriving aircraft, we for example, we often order a taxi on this site).
How to fly from Punta Cana to Moscow
There is a direct flight from Moscow to Punta Cana. Distance to Punta Cana is 9275 km. For the flight will need approximately 12 hours Flights depart three times a week.
Below you can see the prices for flights Moscow – Punta Cana
Excursions in Punta Cana
Trips to the Dominican Republic from Punta Cana include visits to the ancient cities and natural attractions, meeting local history, shopping, participating in various entertainment programs.
The most interesting are the following excursions:
- Santo Domingo – the capital of the country, founded brother of Christopher Columbus;
- Saona Island – with a visit to the city of artists Altos de Chavon and a unique park;
- Fun-Fun Cave – an extreme journey for adventure lovers;
- coast Samana – exit to the open Atlantic Ocean for meeting with humpback whales in their natural environment.
Prices for excursions in Punta Cana depend on the distance, quantity sightseers, mode of transport for movement. The cost starts from 50-80 dollars.
Security. What should beware?
It is necessary to remember about some safety rules:
- valuables to keep in the room safe
- you can not drink from the tap, the water in Punta Cana leaves much to be desired the best
- do not swim in the open sea
- be attentive on the street so as not to become a victim pickpocket
- be careful when bathing, there may be poisonous in the water jellyfish and spiny sea urchins
- In August and October, hurricanes often rage in the country.
Developed all types of transport. From the airport to the hotel can be ordered transfer or use the bus. Intercity bus good communication in the Dominican Republic, modern buses and comfortable The price of the transfer, for example, from the airport to the hotel Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village – from 1900 rubles.
At the airport or hotel you can order a taxi, but agree on the fare you need to travel because the taxi counter can not turn out. Usually anywhere within 25 km of the airport Punta Cana can be reached in about 1500 rubles (also depends from your ability to bargain? ).
In the Dominican Republic you can rent a car. For this you have with must be insurance and driver’s license. By cost will be released from about 7,000 rubles in three days. You can rent a car for link.
Holidays in the Dominican Republic with children
How comfortable is a holiday with children in the Dominican Republic? At the resorts Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic all the conditions for a comfortable family holiday. There are many modern beaches with the cleanest sand that does not heat up even under the hottest sun.
Most hotels are designed for families with children. They offer various entertainment shows and animators for young guests, children’s pools, mini clubs, playgrounds, babysitting and children’s menu in restaurants.
Among the excursion programs you can also choose trips which will be interesting, but not very tedious for children.
The main disadvantage of rest in Punta Cana with children is the need long flight (about 12 hours). Also negative affect the time difference (8 hours). A child, like an adult, take some time to acclimatize.
Addition: Where else to relax with children? >>
In general, reviews of tourists show that rest with a child in The Dominican Republic and, in particular, in Punta Cana is not only possible, but also useful for its health and development.