That’s really lucky those people who spend their holidays in August.
“And in August Greece?” – you ask.
We answer: “Those people are even more fortunate!”, And now we will tell why.
After reading this article, you will learn:
- What is the weather in Greece in August, the water temperature and of air.
- What popular resorts really have in their arsenal Attractive leisure facilities in August 2019.
- How much will it cost you to rest at this time.
- Greece for children – what to expect and much better to go
The content of the article
- What weather awaits tourists?
- Greece in August: where better to relax?
- Crete in August
- Rhodes in August
- Thessaloniki in August
- Santorini in August
- Which Greek resorts are best to relax with a kid?
- So, tips for a holiday in Greece at the end of the summer
- Prices for holidays in Greece in August 2019
- 1 What weather awaits tourists?
- 2 Greece in August: where better to relax?
- 3 So, tips for a holiday in Greece at the end of the summer
What weather awaits tourists?
It can be said that August is the hottest month in the Balkans. the peninsula. During this period it is extremely dry and warm. Temperature rates across the country exceed 30 degrees Celsius. Upset little, and it happens that for a whole month does not fall and rain. Details about the weather in Greece for months.
In this heat, a comfortable rest becomes on the islands blown. monsoons. In addition, the water washing the islands creates extra coolness
The third month of “our” summer in Greece refers to a high tourist season, the influx of tourists is very large. Sure to consider this when organizing a holiday, book tours and hotels in advance!
|Weather in Greece in August 2019|
|Resort||Happy||At night||Water temperature|
|Athens||+ 33 ° C||+ 20 ° C||+ 26 ° C|
|Rhodes Town||+ 30 ° C||+ 22 ° C||+ 25 ° C|
|Heraklion||+ 30 ° C||+ 24 ° C||+ 26 ° C|
|Kastoria||+ 30 ° C||+ 13 ° C||–|
|Chalkidiki||+ 31 ° C||+ 18 ° C||+ 25 ° C|
Also to another problem of rest in August is attributed high prices for products, services, etc. Partially fix this the situation can be subject to early booking hotel, tour and etc.
But with large queues to the sights nothing do for what he and high tourist season, have to wait. But the historical beauty is worth it, believe me!
Want to know where the cheapest tours are?
Where are the cheapest tours: 10 rules for buying a tour →
Greece in August: where better to relax?
Let us dwell in more detail on the four popular Greek resorts.
See also: Top 7 resorts in Greece for recreation in August.
Crete in August
Crete has a subtropical climate that forms local weather. conditions. Dry air, lack of precipitation and pollution Environments provide comfortable conditions for a healthy and healthy recreation. And frequent gusts of wind, so advantageously distinguishing Crete from other islands of Greece, bring such a long-awaited coolness.
But the wind, in addition to coolness, creates a “excitement” of the sea, so for young children need to watch more carefully. Yes, and beginners in swimming it is better not to go into the sea with the appearance of large waves.
|Weather in Crete in August 2019|
|Happy||At night||Water temperature|
|+29 ° C||+ 21 ° C||+ 25 ° C|
And to comfortably enjoy the sightseeing choose morning or evening excursions, as the day sun pretty hot.
So, what to see in Crete in August. If you, except lying on a lounger by the pool or on the beach, nothing else interested, keep lying and sunbathing. For more active Crete has prepared an amazing activity for tourists – surfing.
And the picturesque coves and secluded grottoes beckon for fascinating water rides
Fans of the “old” will love:
- Knossos palace.
- Archaeological Museum of Heraklion.
- The ancient city of Aptera.
- House Museum of the famous painter El Greco.
- Archaeological excavations of the Minoan cities Malia, Phaistos and Hortyns.
- Plateau Lasithi with the cave Dikteon Andron. According to legend, it is in this cave, in a small lake, still preserved, mother Ray bathed the baby Zeus. Be sure to attract the attention of tourists forest stalactites and stalagmites, called the mantle of Zeus.
- The city of Rethymnon, where annually passes from the most colorful original carnivals of Greece.
- Roman theater in honor of the goddess Demeter.
- Arkadi Monastery (16th century).
Rhodes in August
August at this Greek resort indulges holidaymakers beautiful by the weather. Hot and dry – this is about August in Rhodes.
Avid travelers recommend for august rest the west coast of Rhodes, because there are winds blowing there that save a little from the stifling heat.
|Weather in Rhodes in August 2019|
|Happy||At night||Water temperature|
|+30 ° C||+ 22 ° C||+ 25 ° C|
Warm sea and comfortable air temperature contribute night swimming not only in Rhodes, but also in other cities Greece
In addition, the good weather will allow you to enjoy the sights of Rhodes. Advice – choose to travel morning or evening, when there is no great heat. And see On Rhodes, there is something to:
- The city of Rhodes, the same name with the island.
- Street of the Knights.
- Temple of Apollo the Pythian.
- Colossus of Rhodes (one of the wonders that have not survived to our times Sveta).
- Palace of the Great Masters.
- The ancient city of Kamiros (the so-called Rhodes “Pompey”).
- The Church of St. Nicholas Fundukli (15th century).
Thessaloniki in August
If for our compatriots August is a kind of farewell with summer, then in Thessaloniki, they can again plunge into the abyss hot summer days. Thermometer, so often showing + 40 ° C, make ask even the most thermophilic tourist about the appearance at least small cloud in the sky.
It was in August in Thessaloniki most often observed called “cavesonas” – a period without a drop of precipitation and with very high air temperatures.
|Weather in Thessaloniki in August 2019|
|Happy||At night||Water temperature|
|+33 ° C||+ 22 ° C||+ 27 ° C|
It is worth noting that August – it’s time to leave the local population, therefore, life in Thessaloniki goes into quiet momentum.
And at a time when the local population is almost gone city, you can leisurely visit local attractions. AND Here are the places we recommend to visit in Thessaloniki:
- Famous Arc de Triomphe Gallery (Camara). Arch refers to monuments of the era of the Roman Empire, who managed to once capture city.
- Lion Tower or White Tower. This is a monument to the reign. the city of the Turks. At the top of the Tower is a cozy cafe, where you can drink coffee and enjoy the view to the top famous mountain of Olympus. Recall that according to legend, it is on Olympus lived all the ancient Greek gods.
- The most beautiful square of Aristotle. The area is in the very the city center and is one of the most beautiful squares Greece
- One of the largest cathedrals of Greece – Holy Basilica Dimitri.
- Also deserve special attention church – Church of the Holy George, St. Sophia and the Church of St. Nicholas Orfansky. Interesting to visit the former temple of Zeus – the Church of the Rotunda.
Santorini in August
The island has a Mediterranean climate. August is here really hot month. Air temperature reaches its maximum heights, which contributes to a comfortable beach rest.
There is no precipitation on the island this month at all, all days month shines a bright sun.
Santorini’s sun is hot, so the sun’s Zenith is better to sit out in a hotel with air conditioning.
|Weather in Santorini in August 2019|
|Happy||At night||Water temperature|
|+27 ° C||+ 22 ° C||+ 25 ° C|
August on the island of Santorini – the period of the perfect beach holiday. Although lovers of attractions here will also enjoy, because The island has a rich history.
The business card of the island can be considered small houses painted in blue and white in combination with live plants in potted.
And from the above mentioned attractions you want highlight:
- Antique Fira. There are fragments of masonry from stone 8-9 century BC We also recommend visiting the Museum of Prehistoric Fira.
- Archaeological Reserve Akrotiri. Historians gave them a name. “Minoan Pompeii”.
- The mansion of George Argyros. The mansion is one of the monuments neoclassical era (19th century).
- Monastery of Elijah the Prophet, located at an altitude of 550 meters above sea level.
- Ancient Oia. The picturesque town where the houses are located right on the rocks.
- Wine Museum, founded by two brothers back in 1870.
- Maritime Museum, located in one of the mansions of the city Fira.
Which Greek resorts are best to relax with a kid?
Greece is an amazing country, welcoming its doors for both adult tourists and small travelers.
Crete is truly a place to relax with children. Here you see:
- The largest water park on the island – water park “Water City”.
- A little inferior to him in size aquapark “Aquaplus” with many water rides and tracks.
- Park “Labyrinth” (total length of the tracks approximately 1 kilometer).
- Zoo “Amazonas”, received its name thanks Amazonian parrots.
- Botanical Garden of Crete.
What to see on Rhodes when you have children. But what:
- Aquarium “Rhodes”. The aquarium consists of 25 pools, and the cherry on the cake is a large maze.
- Also, little history buffs should walk down the street. Knights, so subtly conveying the atmosphere of medieval Greek cities.
- Well, lovers of nature and fauna will certainly enjoy in the Valley butterflies. It is here that lives a great many butterflies of the family bears
- And, of course, it’s worth visiting a large entertainment platform. – “The Magic Castle”.
Thessaloniki will offer small fidgets such entertainment:
- Waterpark “Waterland”.
- Gaming center of computer games “SP Gaming Net Station and Coffee Spot “u
- Huge entertainment park “Magic Park”.
Well, the island of Santorini is rich in such “children sights “like:
- First-class water park “Santorini Waterpark” with a great layout the ship.
- Center mini-golf “Santorini Mini Golf”.
- The original museum dedicated to tomatoes, “Tomato Industrial Museum “.
Remember, whichever of the Greek resorts you go, Always follow the following tips.
So, tips for a holiday in Greece at the end of the summer
- August is a hot time, so do not give up. sunscreen cosmetics. Maybe it’s cooler in September?
- The hot August sun “shifts” visit attractions and places of rest for the morning or evening time. Agree, it is not very comfortable to look at ancient Greek ruins under the scorching sun is quite another thing slowly stroll in the morning or in the evening.
- Choose hotels with air conditioning.
- It is at the end of summer in many Greek cities pass national holidays, be sure to visit one of them for acquaintance with the greek culture.
- “Prepare a sleigh in the summer!” – bring from summer Greek holiday a fur coat, because in the summer in Greece the price of fur products is very attractive.
For more information about holidays in Greece, you can tell the following. video.
Prices for holidays in Greece in August 2019
Well, the cost of rest in August 2019 in Greece is given below.
|Prices for tours to Greece in August 2019|
|Resort||Number of stars in the hotel (hotel)||Tour price for two|
|7 days||10 days|
|Crete||3 *||from 49 000 rub.||from 55 000 rub.|
|Rhodes||3 *||from 46 000 rub.||from 56 000 rub.|
|Thessaloniki||3 *||from 55 500 rub.||from 73 000 rub.|
|Santorini||3 *||from 42 000 rub.||from 59 000 rub.|
Price for people who prefer independent travel.
|Prices for independent holidays in Greece in August 2019|
|Resort||Airfare (one way)||Price of hotel room (night)||Apartment rental price (per day)|
|Crete||from 9 500 rub.||from 2 400 rub.||from 1 400 rub.|
|Rhodes||from 8 500 rub.||from 2 500 rub.||from 1000 rub.|
|Thessaloniki||from 8 000 rub.||from 2 850 rub.||from 1 250 rub.|
|Santorini||with the 1st transfer from 10 500 rub.||from 3 700 rub.||from 2 800 rub.|
- Weather in Turkey in April 2020
- Weather in Turkey in August 2019
- Weather in Antalya in September 2019
- All inclusive holiday prices in Turkey in August 2019
- How many fly to Turkey from Moscow?
- Where to go to rest in June 2019
- Weather in Greece in June 2019
- Weather in Kemer in May 2020