Crete in October is cooler than in previous months, however still the weather allows you to enjoy the sunshine that especially attracts citizens of our country who want to hide from the cold of the Russian autumn.
In this article we will look at:
- What is the weather in Crete in October, the water temperature and of air.
- What can you do in the resorts of this island in the fall?
- What are the prices for rest in October 2019?
- 6 tips for those who are going to rest on the islands time
The content of the article
- October weather: water and air temperature
- Crete in October: is it worth it to go?
- What to do at this time?
- What to see?
- Prices for holidays in Crete in October 2019
- 6 tips for those going to Crete in mid-autumn
October weather: water and air temperature
|Weather in Crete in October 2019|
|Happy||At night||Water temperature|
|Early October||+ 21… 24 ° C||+16 … 18 ° C||+ 23 ° C|
|At the end of October||+19 … 24 ° C||+15 … 17 ° C||+ 21 ° C|
Read more: Weather in Crete by months
The average temperature per day in this month is 19.9 ° C, in daytime – 24 ° C, at night – 17 ° C. For the whole month falls 26 millimeters of precipitation, which is equal to two days. Daylight hours lasts 10 hours.
In mid-autumn Crete is not as hot as summer, however the weather available for excursions and for the beach. Although if on vacation you are planning to sunbathe, we advise you to come here at the very beginning months when the sun warms more strongly. The water in the sea here can be warmer than air.
The sun shines all month, and the heat lasts until November. AT The last days of the month are getting cooler. October – clear, dry month, and precipitation may fall no more than five times in all time. But Often they can be quite strong. In most cases rainy days fall at the end of October when the level rises humidity. Sometimes there are thunderstorms at night.
Want to know where the cheapest tours are?
Where are the cheapest tours: 10 rules for buying a tour →
Crete in October: is it worth it to go?
Want to visit Crete in the middle of autumn?
Pay attention to the prices for rest, as well as check out recommendations – they will help to make the holidays enjoyable and memorable.
What to do at this time?
- Beach lovers can enjoy the warm sun. On Crete has many beautiful beaches – cozy bays are perfectly protected. from the wind, and the water here is calm even if the weather is overcast. Good beaches are located in the area of Lassithi and Chania, Heraklion and Rethymnon. In Wai National Park there is also a beach located between the towns of Palekasti and Sitia – in the eastern part Crete. The park itself is famous for palm grove where date trees grow. palm trees, the origin of which is still unknown. According to one of versions, they appeared thanks to the Arab pirates who arrived on Crete along with their edibles and during use dates, spit stones on the ground.
- Water parks of Crete will be interesting for children. Heraklion is located the largest water park of the island – Water City, it occupies 80,000 square meters. Not far from Hersonissos is Aquaplus, 8 kilometers from Chania – Limnoupolis. Built in Hersonissos Star Beach water park.
- We recommend to visit the park “Labyrinth”. It is 27 kilometers away. from Heraklion, and transfers its visitors to the myth of the Minotaur and Thesee. Although the monster itself is not here, but getting out of here is not so simple. It consists of winding tracks, stretching for 1 kilometer.
- While the children are playing in the labyrinth of the Minotaur, adults can do mini-golf. After that, having gathered the whole family, you can ride an quad bike, or try yourself archery.
- Greece is a country of festivals. Monthly Greeks in a big way celebrate some holiday. In October it will be interesting to go. to the chestnut festival where you can treat yourself to a variety of delicious dishes. At the end of the month, on the 28th, the festival “Okha” takes place. In that parades are held on the day, the churches are filled with people who come to service.
A month earlier: Weather in Crete in September
What to see?
Crete has many ancient buildings that can tell about culture and interesting history of this place. We advise, having arrived on island, go sightseeing. It is better to order them through Internet is more convenient and profitable.
- Monastery of Gouverneto (Mrs. Angels). It was built in the middle The 16th century is a Venetian fortress that combines two styles – renaissance and baroque elements. It still retains its beauty. and uniqueness, and today Orthodox monks live in it. The monastery is located on the Akrotiri peninsula. Tourists for free can go here any day of the week, except Wednesday and Friday, when the monastery is closed to visitors.
- Bear cave. In the old days, the cave was associated with a cult Artemis – the goddess of hunting. Now you can get into it through the monastery Gouverneto – between the two sights runs the mountain a trail that can be completed in twenty minutes.
- Knossos palace. It is considered the main attraction islands, and he often figures in myths. If you believe some allegations, the Minotaur labyrinth was located right below this The palace. Historians believe that they built it long before our era. The palace survived an earthquake 300 years after its creation, after which it was restored. Now you can get to it for 6 euro, children admission is free. It is located near Heraklion – in 5 Kilometers closer to the south.
Prices for holidays in Crete in October 2019
|Prices for tours to Crete in October 2019|
|Number of stars in the hotel (hotel)||Tour price for two|
|7 days||10 days|
|3 *||from 41 000 rub.||from 50 000 rub.|
|Prices for independent holidays in Crete in October 2019|
|Airfare (one way)||Price of hotel room (night)||Apartment rental price (per day)|
|from 9 000 rub.||from 2 000 rub.||from 1 300 rub.|
6 tips for those going to Crete in mid-autumn
- If you are going to go to a local church or monastery, need to choose the right clothes. Do not go to the temple with uncovered shoulders and knees. Rule it acts like on women and men.
- As in our country, in Crete, autumn also likes to present surprises – the weather can often change dramatically, so we advise to just in case to bring a windbreaker and an umbrella.
- If you are used to traveling by car, keep in mind that in October in Crete the price of car rental is lower than in other months during the peak season. In the summer, take a car for a day will cost 30-60 euros, in the middle of autumn the cost is two times lower.
- Those who are planning an independent holiday, bypassing the tourist firm, you should remember that in October, some hotels and summer clubs are closing. However, even in winter you can find open institution that will provide accommodation and meals. To that however, the cost of recreation is lowered, including for food and drinks.
- If you are going to go on a trip to Santorini, especially in the second half of October, use caution. If a summer navigation is active, in the middle and at the end of autumn ferry routes between the islands in Greece is becoming much less. Therefore, we advise you to prepare in advance for such a trip.
See also: Weather in Greece in October 2019
- Weather in Thailand in November 2019
- Weather in Thailand in October 2019
- Weather in Vietnam in February 2020
- Weather in Phuket in February 2020
- Where to go to rest in May 2020
- Where to go to rest in July 2019
- Where to go to rest in the winter of 2019-2020
- Weather in Thailand in April 2020