Bangkok city of contrasts: skyscrapers are next to metal and wooden barracks, narrow streets intersect with layered highways, beggars carry their carts past passing Porshe. For six months in Asia you get used to it, and react calmly.
I highly recommend to visit Bangkok for at least a couple of days, instead of non-stop transit. Bangkok gives you the opportunity to experience the spirit of Asia and Thailand, see how people live. He seems to be alive with its history and culture, there is something to see, much It will be very unusual for a European. Yes, this is not a resort where everything is clean. and well-maintained, but worth it.
The content of the article
- 1 What to see in Bangkok in 1-2-3 days
- 1.1 Yourself
- 1.2 Russian-speaking individual excursions
- 2 Walking around Bangkok
- 2.1 Khao San Road in Bangkok
- 2.2 People
- 2.3 Skyscrapers and barracks
- 2.4 Excellent roads
- 2.5 Channels and river trams
- 2.6 In the Center of Bangkok
- 3 Map of Attractions
What to see in Bangkok in 1-2-3 days
On their own
For the inexperienced traveler (or who have very little time) it will be enough to take a walk around Khaosan Road and see the sights around him there are several interesting temples. This will take you one day. But, I will list everything where I was, is enough for 2-4 days in total, choose what you like more fits
Temples near Khao San Road
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha. Called Wat Pho and famous for its huge the figure of the reclining Buddha (46 m in length).
- Temple of dawn. Wat Arun – very beautiful temple right on Bank of the river, with a view of the river and the nearest bank.
- Temple of the Golden Mountain. Wat Saket is not the most famous temple, but in It has a very nice atmosphere. Located on the hill and from the roof of the temple overlooking the city blocks around.
- Royal Palace and Temple of the Emerald Buddha. The most famous Bangkok attraction and the most tourist.
- Temple of the Golden Buddha. Wat Traimitt – in it you will see gold figure of a seated buddha. Nice and beautiful place. Nearby is Chinatown, there also makes sense to go, if there is time.
Inspections are located on the roofs of skyscrapers, which in the capital more than. These are usually restaurants or bars. I visited the three most famous.
- The observation deck of the hotel Bayok Sky on the 84th floor. Most famous and popular lookout. View of the whole city. Has the meaning look not only at the day view, but also at night. There are 2 sites: behind glass and in the open air (but behind the net).
- Restaurant Verigo and bar on the 61st floor. Nice place where you can not just look at the city, but also sit with a glass of something or to eat In my opinion, one of the best viewing restaurants in Bangkok.
- Lookout hotel Lebua on the 63 floor. The place became famous after filming a bachelor party, so there is just a crowd of people.
- Siam Ocean World Aquarium. One of the best oceanariums in Asia
- Zoo Dusit. A good zoo in the city center. Can feed the giraffe and the sheep.
- City park Lumpini with monitors. This park is suitable for in fact, everyone, there you can just walk and relax in the shade trees, and monitor lizards will be a bonus. In the evenings in this park do gymnastics and jogging, you can join.
- Walk through the river channels of Bangkok. According to the reference instruction, as make a small excursion for yourself and take a ride on the river tram on klongam. Highly recommend, get an interesting experience. In this way it is convenient to get from Khaosan to the center of Bangkok from skyscrapers.
- Madame Tussauds with wax figures. Very close with an aquarium.
- Bike ride around the island in Bangkok. Popular place with Thais. You can relax from the city and have a good time.
- Temple Giant phallus. Not quite normal landmark, moreover, is located on site. We’ll have to try a little to find.
Russian-speaking individual excursions
For those who want to more fully immerse themselves in the atmosphere of Bangkok, I would recommend taking author’s excursions. On my individual tours are much more interesting than organized ones excursions with their large number of people and a hackneyed program. Especially with a private guide, you can always agree on what is convenient for you. time and day.
Take a look at the selected author’s excursions below. Something will do, especially look at the tour “Many Faces Bangkok”.
It so happened that I do not really like megacities. More precisely not the cities themselves, but traffic jams, crowded people, so-so ecology. On the other hand, of course, it’s great to live in a place where a bunch opportunities for leisure, study and work, where there is a good Internet and civilization.
With such thoughts about big cities, I drove for the very first time to Bangkok. The idea of him in something was justified, in something not. It’s stuffy, a lot of people, but, for example, I liked that about each metro sells freshly chopped papaya and pineapples. If lived here and worked in the office, then in the mornings like that on the way to work had breakfast, beauty! Later, I lived in Bangkok for six months and he sunk into my soul, I do not even know why. But now I am happy I come there to stay.
Links to the main attractions of the city I brought in the first half of the post, I looked at them for all their visits and now You can choose where to go to you. But when we arrived there in the first time, we only managed to walk around the center of the city. To me it seems, when there is only 1 day, you should not saturate it attractions to the maximum, we must try to leave time just for a walk to have a little time to feel the atmosphere of the city. Below are photos from that walk.
Khao San Road in Bangkok
For one night we decided to stay on Khao San Road, this Bekpekerskaya street is in the city center, a transit point, where Many foreigners stop. There is a whole party and fun, cult place. All are located on Khao San and the neighboring streets Cheap (and not so) guesthouses. And in the evening takes place global market, bringing with it noise and trash. By the way, Khao San Road something like Petaling Street in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, only that more shopping street.
Just once it is definitely worth staying at Khaosan, but for more extended stay or at other times, I’d rather look for others areas. And such a moment, it is not necessary to look for a guesthouse right on Khao San, it is better to go to the neighboring, there is less noisy and the choice more. Or if you want to find a hotel and stay close by, choose Conveniently on RoomGuru, this is a convenient service where you can compare prices. on hotels in different booking systems. Last time i stayed at Rajata, a nice hotel on a quiet street and up to the whole moving for about 10 minutes, not more.
In a guesthouse house for a Thai girl you have to pay extra
Nearby Street with Khao San Road
Khao San Road in the evening
Khao San Road
On Khao San Road, Indians sell costumes
Khao San Road early in the morning
Sleeps in broad daylight
Something so sleep tonight
Skyscrapers and barracks
Modern buildings in Bangkok
Skyscrapers in Bangkok
And next to the big and modern buildings
Typical condominium apartment building
Your roof garden
On the banks of the house on stilts – the cheapest accommodation
Unpretentious houses on the outskirts of Bangkok
Slums in Bangkok closer to the outskirts
Multi Level Interchanges in Bangkok
Traffic jams are commonplace
Channels and river trams
Bangkok has many channels
River channel in Bangkok
We ride on the river tram
Inside the river tram
Smokes very much – it is not possible to stand aft
In the Center of Bangkok
Frequent foot massage
There are even bike lanes in Bangkok
Rope dragons on the market
What to do in Bangkok
The narrow streets of Bangkok
Narrow streets in the center of Bangkok
Here, even the cafe managed to shove
Sometimes the street goes through the building.
Thai Boxing Section
Something 10 baht
Bag with legs
Next to Khao San Road
Full Pineapple Trimming Machine
Sunset in bangkok
Garbage collection at night
Met friends in Bangkok
Life hacking 1 – how to buy a good insurance
Choosing insurance is now unrealistically difficult, therefore, to help everyone travelers, I make a rating. To do this, constantly monitor forums, I study insurance contracts and use insurance by myself.
Life hacking 2 – how to find a hotel 20% cheaper
First, choose a hotel on Booking. They have a good base offers, but the prices are NOT the best! The same hotel is often possible find 20% cheaper in other systems through the RoomGuru service.