It is difficult to give advice to tourists of all categories, as all go differently on holiday in Turkey – someone on the tour, someone on their own. Since I was able to visit the resort of Turkey and in the present, then I will try immediately and everything that seemed to me important. If you forgot something, add in the comments. I hope tips will be helpful.
A description of our trip by bus and hitchhiking read here. – Independently to Turkey.
The content of the article
- 1 Tips for Tourists in Turkey
- 2 Travel Tips in Turkey
- 3 Tips for holidaymakers in Turkey
Tips for tourists in Turkey
Symbols of Turkey on the windows of cars
planning an independent journey through Turkey:
– It makes sense to learn Turkish. Since English speakers are rare. At a minimum, you should take a dictionary and phrasebook. But here lies another problem: ask you something succeed, but understand the answer is no. Especially it concerns hitchhiking.
– It makes sense to stock up on maps and guidebooks in advance. GPS also will not be superfluous.
– Do not worry too much about charging batteries, there are sockets almost every toilet, as well as at train stations. And while moving hitchhiking it would be nice to bring car chargers
– Each tour operator has its own charter flights, so when direct access to it, you can buy tickets cheaply, for example Alba tour, Capital tour, Pegasus. This mainly concerns Antalya. Have Some tour operators said about this on the site. Better to buy immediately back and forth from the same city. You can try to buy return ticket from Turkey. Those who want to buy a ticket independently, I recommend to do it through Aviasales.ru and Skyscanner.ru.
– Separately, I want to highlight the airline Pegasus http://www.flypgs.com/ru/. It flies from Krasnodar to Istanbul and other cities of Turkey. There are flights to other countries, but for us need Turkey. So the tickets are pretty cheap, especially if passes the action. This is a kind of alternative to the ferry. Sochi-Trabzon.
– Ferry Trabzon-Sochi. The cost of a ticket is about 50-100 $ with person Travel time is about 12 hours. Schedules like this there is no ferry, you need to know the departure time at the port, or call by phone.
Travel Tips in Turkey
holidaymakers at resorts:
– Excursions are quite expensive, compared with Egypt. And in the nearest places you can go on dolmushi (shuttles), twice cheaper but without a guide. Another advantage is that no one will you are customized, and you can spend on any ruins so much time as required.
– Hotel guides are rather stupid, could not answer one our question. Only and could talk about their excursions and bully with all sorts of non-existent horror stories. Their main goal dissolve you for money. Do not give in!
Tips for holidaymakers in Turkey
as a holiday, and self travelers:
– To assess the value of the goods, you can multiply the price in lira by 20, and then we get the price in rubles. Currently, the dollar rate is against the Turkish lira – 1.5, the euro exchange rate – 2.
– Internet cafes are common, the cost of one hour 1-2 lira (20-40 rubles). Wherever we were, computers have a microphone. with headphones and camera, so much cheaper to use skype, not cellular.
– Turkish cellular communication is expensive, about 30 kurus (5 rub) call in Turkey, and 70 kurushey (15 rubles) – call to Russia, sms to Russia is also around 15 rubles. Call to landline phone cheaper than on mobile. When buying a SIM card is purchased and fare, totaling 25-35 lire (500-700r), so no matter what buy Turkcell or Vodafone. But if you plan a long use then it is cheaper to use Turkcell as well register your mobile phone at the operator’s office, otherwise after a while, SIM will stop working with this phone. By the way, if the employees in the communication salons speak English, then barely therefore a clear answer to our questions was not received It was.
Have a good rest in Turkey!
Life hacking 1 – how to buy a good insurance
Choosing insurance is now unrealistically difficult, therefore, to help everyone travelers, I make a rating. To do this, constantly monitor forums, I study insurance contracts and use insurance by myself.
Life hacking 2 – how to find a hotel 20% cheaper
First, choose a hotel on Booking. They have a good base offers, but the prices are NOT the best! The same hotel is often possible find 20% cheaper in other systems through the RoomGuru service.