I’ll tell you my personal experience of finding an apartment in Bangkok, especially did it already in Chiang Mai and Phuket, that is, experience enough For example, we managed to remove for two months just such apartment in the heart of Bangkok. Beginners article may be useful, not only in terms of Bangkok, but also in other cities, because the principle is the same.
Although, if we are talking about resorts, it is easier to search for a house for rent. My instructions for booking a house you can find on the link: How Book a house in Thailand – 5 ways. General rental tips I already gave apartments in Thailand, they too should be esteemed.
The content of the article
- 1 Difference between apartment and serviced appartments
- 1.1 Apartment
- 1.2 Apartments
- 2 How I was looking for an apartment in Bangkok
- 3 How to rent an apartment in Bangkok
- 3.1 Search Algorithm
- 3.2 Some nuances
- 4 Prices for apartments in Bangkok
- 5 Useful links
- 5.1 Facebook
- 5.2 Apartment Finders
- 5.3 Announcements
- 1 The difference between apartment and serviced appartments
- 2 How I was looking for an apartment in Bangkok
- 3 How to rent an apartment in Bangkok
- 4 Prices for apartments in Bangkok
- 5 useful links
The difference between apartment and serviced appartments
First of all, I would like to tell the difference between an apartment and apartments. In the common people (in Thailand) any the apartment is called a condo, but there are some differences and this is important understand for searches. Often, the difference is already visible in appearance. buildings, but not always.
Bangkok hotels →
I recommend the selection of housing through RoomGuru, the meta search engine, if you don’t like one, you can always search for something else in Bangkok, in the area or in another. RoomGuru is a search engine. the service, which in its functionality has long been released in the top of the best in this segment, and at the same time there are often more Great deals on the hotel you are interested in.
So, a condo is an apartment in a condominium, apartment building, where each of them has its own owner. Everything, as we have in Russia. Accordingly, to rent such an apartment, you need to contact with by the owner and his agent. How to find them? Or on sites ads by type of our cyan (ads may be in Thai), or at the reception in the condominium may know such owners or even rent apartments on their behalf. So unfortunately not You can always go to the owner of the apartment, even if he there is.
The main advantage of the apartment is that you can rent a house on lower price (including komunalku) than it will be apartments. A minus of the apartment is that most owners do not want to bother with short-term surrender, standard contract is 1 year, less than 6 months.
Typical condominium with apartment
Apartment is an apartment in a house that all belongs to one person. That is, to rent such an apartment, you it is necessary to learn everything at the reception. In fact, this is the same that the hotel, only mostly here rent housing monthly, although it happens and daily delivery. Such a building is more correct to call a condo hotel, not a condominium. Some ordinary hotels too offer a discount for long stays.
The advantage of apartments is that there is often a change for a short time, for example for 1 month, and may also be presents the services typical for hotels – in-room cleaning, laundry, shared wifi and so on. Hence the prefix serviced. A minus apartments, which is most often just simple housing in the form studios, that is, with one room and sometimes even without a kitchen and with ban on cooking.
Typical inexpensive condo with apartments
How I was looking for an apartment in Bangkok
For example, we needed an apartment in Bangkok with two bedrooms. in the Victory Monument area. We arrived in the area and initially rented a nice hotel there for 2 days. After that we went outside and began to scour one street after another, entering each condotel. At the reception, we were given a price list with prices, saying how much will be they have extra electricity, water, internet, and showed us the room. In most condo hotels the apartments were kind of studios, or a maximum of 1 bedroom. Since we even needed not with 1 bedroom, but with two, then into the simplest small condotels we did not even go. When you walk around a bit, you’re already on the exterior of the building will begin to understand what is there to expect. how As a rule, the smaller / lower / simpler the building, the smaller the apartments space and less set of services.
After we found a less suitable apartment for us, I decided to run into a condominium nearby (each apartment has his master). It was a large building of several buildings. A security guard at the entrance said that there are no apartments for rent here, but I know that Thais often do not understand what they are asked about, so I went through the territory anyway. There I saw the office “Real state sale and rent “. This is exactly what I need. Employees real estate agencies said they have two apartments, but the rental period is only 6 months. After I looked these apartments, I said that everything is very cool, but I need 2 of the month— As a result of our prolonged intercourse, there were still one apartment that the owner apparently does not mind renting out for more short term. Her then we took, instead of those apartments that originally wanted. And cheaper, and much better for all parameters.
Our two bedroom apartment for 25,000 baht
Another important point. Before going to Bangkok, I searched various apartment sites in the area through a search engine (condo for rent victory monument, appartments victory monument), driving the names of the condotels from the google map (there are a lot of names if bring closer), as well as on special search sites, links to which you will see at the very end. I also wrote to various agents and read private announcements from Thais about renting apartments. What kind I can draw conclusions:
- Many apartments do not have their own sites, and, the farther from center, the smaller sites. Also their sites may not work, crooked display, or contain such photographs of housing that are few that give.
- Agents do not work with those who need short-term housing, only semi-annual and one-year contracts.
- On apartment search sites, I personally learned quite a bit, because getting from the base the name of the condotel and its phone, I’m all can’t do anything else because you need to watch personally. And as I have already said, many do not have sites.
- Searching for an apartment via the Internet is a dreary undertaking, only if you don’t know a specific list of apartments that you 100% fit Therefore, it is easier to come to the desired area in a few days. get around
How to rent an apartment in Bangkok
Based on the previous part of the post, you understand that the search for short term and for a long time it is a little different from each other so same as the algorithm differs, whichever apartment this or flat.
- Determine the area of residence. It can almost any district, but there are those where the number of condominiums is the most: Lat Prao Rd, BTS Victory Monument, Sukhumvit from BTS Asok to Udom Suk and further, around BTS Chong Nonsi and so on. In principle, it can be said that mainly housing is located along the metro BTS and MRT and distance 15-20 minutes walk from it. Areas look on google map. Also for most people, it’s important to have supermarkets nearby (BigC, Tesco Lotus, Villa Market, etc.), their location is also possible immediately look at the map.
- Visit the apartment search sites and see which There are condominiums and condo hotels in these areas, studying photos, prices, services. Some of the housing will have their own sites; details will get acquainted with everything.
- In google you search for “condo for rent bangkok area” and “appartments for rent bangkok area”, or something like that, where area – the area you need. You need to search in English.
- Open google maps, zoom in on the area you need and get the names of condo hotels. As a rule, in the title contains the word appartments, condominium, mansion, house, place or something similar. Next, punch the name through google, perhaps housing will have a website. Also on the satellite map you can consider a rooftop pool, sometimes it may come in handy. Sometimes It will not be superfluous to turn on the “street view” mode and walk along you need a quarter. But in general, this method with the card is more suitable for nerds and couch potatoes.
- If you need a short-term housing, you can go to AirBNB and see what is offered there. Just remember, after all this service (at least in Thailand) is more designed for daily / monday delivery, so monthly prices can be high, and not every owner offers to rent monthly, and good options some days can be just booked so that you will not be able to enter for a long time. If you are not familiar with Airbnb, then read my post about him, where it is told about how to register correctly, how to book accommodation, etc. Do not forget Get a bonus of $ 20 at this link. Bonus will be take advantage of a year after registration, making the first booking
- If you need a long-term housing (from 6 months), then go to websites of various agencies and see options, then write agency request with your requirements.
- Learn about ad sites (like prakard.com/) and write / call owners or agents who have posted this ad. This is also justified only if you want rent an apartment in Bangkok for a long time.
- Well, and the last. You come to the area you want and walk various condo hotels and condominiums. Go to the reception and find out all the information you need. Also walking around the area at the same time notice where this or that shop, park, cafe and so on is located. That is, it is not always possible to understand everything, looking only at the map, for example whether to go far to the supermarket, and whether it is convenient. Suddenly on this jay no sidewalks, and the traffic is very dense, then 500 meters seem hell. Although, of course, in this regard, google streets can to help.
As you understood, it all comes down to preparing first on the Internet, and then to the real search on the spot. Actually from this algorithm you can leave only the first item and the last. But I will tell you right away personally it was convenient, having arrived in the area, already know the names condominium, the location of supermarkets, and more or less to represent the streets.
Sometimes people ask me how to find out a condominium on the street? On in fact, everything is more or less simple. It is worth trying once and you you will understand. Usually, this building is several floors high, with parking. under it, as well as a small room where someone is sitting. Sometimes over the door to the room is written Reception, sometimes nothing is written. Before entering the territory there may be a booth with a guard and a barrier and a sign with the name of the condominium in English or Thai.
How to rent an apartment in Bangkok
- When searching on the spot, please note that all reception work up to 16-17-18 pm, not later, so it is better to start walking around looking for morning itself
- Be prepared for what you will need to pay. deposit. This may be a sum, both very small and equal. 1-2 months rent.
- Also you will pay for electricity (4-10 baht / unit) and water (17-20 baht / unit) in most cases. Occasionally fixed payment of water, but more often on units (cubic meters). With frequent use of kondeya in the room, komunalka will pour out somewhere in 1500-2500 baht, and if it is not used, you can also use 500 baht fit easy. Also remember the electric stove too much eats energy, and gas stoves in apartments are prohibited. Still Voluntary and separately paid Internet 500-1000 baht a month and cleaning 200-500 baht at a time.
- Outside the tourist and central areas, the reception may not speak English. Here google translate can help you, ability to express themselves with gestures, a calendar and a piece of paper with a pen.
Prices for apartments in Bangkok
The cost of renting an apartment depends on many factors. It is enough once to look for it yourself, looking at a dozen options, and immediately everything will become clear.
- The larger the area of the apartment, the more expensive it is.
- Studio is the cheapest option. If a split appears bedroom, living room, kitchen, then this apartment is more expensive. Usually, the more rooms, the more expensive.
- The closer the apartment is to the BTS and MRT metro stations, the more expensive it is. The same can be said about the center, in the central regions Bangkok housing is 1.5-2 times more expensive.
- Availability of equipment, good furniture, design, kitchen increases rent price.
- Swimming pool, fitness, garden, etc., just as expensive.
- Apartments, often more expensive than apartments, with the same equal conditions.
- With a long rental period you can rent an apartment in owner’s condominium as well as apartment prices drops significantly.
I will give the prices that you can get for a certain amount. Consider them exemplary, and are for guidance only, because there are too many factors to paint everything in a simple way prices
- 3000-5000 thousand. Small studio with simple furniture and without any additional services. In the cheapest may not be air conditioner.
- 5000-10000 thousand. Everything is exactly the same, only one will be air conditioning, the area can be a little more room more neat, better furniture. The presence of fitness and pool is not worth it too expect.
- 10,000-200,000 baht. Good studios with a normal area and furniture. Closer to the upper threshold of price may occur apartments with one bedroom, or less with two. Pool and fitness may well be present.
- 20,000-30000 baht. This may be a “design” studios large Square, 1-2 bedroom apartments. In most cases, there will be pool, fitness. Although sometimes these are very simple apartments, but large square
- 30,000 thousand and more. 2 bedroom apartments of good size with all services in the building. Usually with further price increases, just increases the area of the apartment to 100-200-300 square meters From the price of 50-70 thousand saw already houses for rent.
Spacious studio for 9,000 baht in the city center
2 bedroom apartments for 33,000 baht, 80 m2, city center
As promised, the links are last. I personally, they are not very helpful. in my time. Rather, I just got an idea of what housing is how much it costs and where it is located. The whole problem is that you still need to look at everything personally, and not everyone’s there are sites, and often they are of such use.
There is a cool English group on Facebook where you can find yourself an apartment. In this group overstep their long-term contracts (remember, usually they are from 6 months), and thus can be removed an apartment for a shorter period and a couple weeks to several months.
Another English-speaking group dedicated to renting housing in Bangkok. Only here on the contrary, you need to look for an apartment for a long term, usually from 6 months. There are shorter contracts, but seldom.
http://www.thaiapartment.com/ http://www.mrroomfinder.com/ http://9apartment.com/ http://www.condopass.com http://www.hipflat.co.th/en/ http://www.bangkokcondofinder.com/ http://www.soidb.com/bangkok/apartment/ http://www.soidb.com/bangkok/serviced-apartment/
http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/ http://www.prakard.com/ (almost all in Thai) http://www.bahtsold.com/real-estate
Sites of various agencies here do not cite, you yourself will meet them in large numbers when you search for information in the internet.
P.S. Posted a review of 10 apartments in the Victory Monument area. They are not cheap, but can someone come in handy.
P.P.S I have stayed in Bangkok many times and in different hotels. I will not provide links to all my reviews, I will give only some. Budget Nasa Vegas – convenient to stop next to Airport and metro, Rajata is a good place to spend the night next to Khao San, S3 Residense is located in the center near the park.
Life hacking 1 – how to buy a good insurance
Choosing insurance is now unrealistically difficult, therefore, to help everyone travelers, I make a rating. To do this, constantly monitor forums, I study insurance contracts and use insurance by myself.
Life hacking 2 – how to find a hotel 20% cheaper
First, choose a hotel on Booking. They have a good base offers, but the prices are NOT the best! The same hotel is often possible find 20% cheaper in other systems through the RoomGuru service.