Pi-Pi Don and Pi-Pi Lei (Phi Phi can be spoken, but the letter “x” in this toponym is pronounced as breathing, barely noticeable) – this Islands of Krabi Province. If you didn’t know yet, then Krabi is province, not tropical islands. This province includes mainland with several national parks, resort Krabi (Ao Nang), the city of Krabi (Krabi Town) and many islands in Sea: Koh Lanta, Pi-Pi, Koh Hong and all the small satellites, scattered around them. The Phi-Phi-Don and Phi-Phi-Ley Islands are the most large islands of the province, after Koh Lanta. And all the way to pea pi lead by sea.
Quite often, it’s not from Krabi but from Phuket that you get to Pi-Pi, like Phuket is a much more popular resort. By time and financial These costs are similar to the costs, although you need a little further from Phuket to swim. And now more about how to get to the Phi Ph islands from each location.
The content of the article
- 1 life hacking
- 2 From Phuket to Phi Phi
- 2.1 From Phuket Airport
- 2.2 From a hotel in Phuket
- 2.3 Schedule and nuances
- 2.4 Pier Rassada on the map
- 3 From Krabi to Phi Phi
- 3.1 From the airport and Krabi town
- 3.2 Klong Jilad Pier on the map
- 3.3 From Ao Nang
- 3.4 Pier Nopparat Thara on the map
If you are not initially going to go to Phi Phi for a week, do not are going to climb a lot on the island, and you just want to see in deadlines the most cream, for example, the Maya Bay from the Beach movie, then think about the tour. It also makes sense if the task to save.
A visit to Phi Phi on a 1-2 day trip from Phuket will cost you much cheaper than yourself. Excursion It costs from 1500 baht to 3200 baht, depending on the program and number of days. The price also includes food. So you are without delays and get the opportunity to see the most basic, why usually go.
Ask about a tour →
Otherwise, you pay the transfer and ferry tickets (600-1000 baht), a hotel on Phi Phi (from 1500 baht / day), an on-site excursion around the islands (500 baht for general or 3000 baht for an individual). Prices wrote plus minus how it this I had I went for 3 days, spent decently, but I did not see much more than during the day tour for 1500 baht.
Here it must be said that visiting Phi Phi is possible and cheaper than with day trip from Phuket, do not argue. But it will be extra budget trip almost with an overnight stay in a tent. If you take the average comfort level that suits most, the excursion will be more economical.
Phuket Phi Phi
Ferries to Phi Phi are only passenger, transport is not to transport.
From Phuket Airport
The easiest way to get to Phi Phi Islands is get from Moscow, Bangkok, Pattaya, first to Phuket. And further, when you arrived at Phuket airport, you will need to resolve the issue transfer to the pier Rassada, from where ferries to the islands ply. You have 3 options:
- Go to the racks of travel agencies and buy a joint ticket to Phi-Pi right at the airport, killing two dogs at once – transfer to the ferry and ferry service. Price issue: about 800 baht;
- Independently get to the pier and buy tickets at the box office at pierce Ticket price: 600 baht one way, 1000 baht in both. Mini bass to Phuket Town from the airport stand about 150 baht per person, in Phuket Town it will be necessary to transfer to knock Knock. Taxi from the airport to the pier costs about 600-700 baht.
- Book a transfer from the hotel if it provides such a service. There are usually only expensive 4-5 star hotels, usually for a separate fee. Small hotels also provide a transfer service, but then it means delivery from Tonsai Pier (the main pier on the island of Phi Phi) by boat to the hotel (not all hotels can by land to get). Here are a few selected hotels where there is such Service: Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, Villa 360, Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island.
Watch the time when the last ferry leaves. If you not fit into these terms, then it makes sense to first find housing for spending the night in Phuket and there already at the reception or in the next tour kiosk to buy tickets the next day. How to get from the airport to the hotel.
From a hotel in Phuket
If you arrived in Phuket by land or are already in Phuket and live in a hotel, then you have 2 options.
- The best way to get to Rassada Pier and the ferry is to go to any travel agency on the street and buy tickets from them. Ticket price is about 350 baht in one end and about 600 baht in both. Price usually includes yourself and the cost of transfer from the hotel to the ferry, but it all depends from the distance of your beach, they can even throw 200-300 more on top baht Usually from Phuket Town, Patong, Karon and Kata transfer is already Included in the original ticket price. I was buying a ticket in both the end for 550 baht with the included transfer from / to Patong.
- Independently get to the pier and buy tickets there for more high price. Ticket price: 600 baht in one the end, 1000 baht in both. Taxi to the pier will also have to be separate. pay, about 500-800 baht one way depending on remoteness of your beach.
Schedule and nuances
Departure time for ferryboat and speedboat: 8:30, 9:00, 11:00, 12:20, 13:30, 14:30 and 3:00 pm In season, boats go more often out of season less often, time may vary. However, not all temporary intervals will be available for purchase at a travel agency, since there are several ferry companies operating and, apparently, who and how agreed When I bought a ferry ticket from an agent, I was told that the ferry runs twice a day, and accordingly, they sell me could only 2 options (I sailed on the fact that at 15:00).
Travel time: about 2 hours.
Reverse ferry from Pi-Pi to Phuket also runs several times a day: at 9:00, 11:00, 13:30 (speedboat for 1000 baht), 14:00, 14:30, 15:30, 17:00 (speedboat for 800 baht). Cost 350 baht
Ferry Schedule from Phuket to Phi Phi
Ferry Schedule from Phuket to Phi Phi
Phi Phi Ferry Schedule
In travel agencies it makes sense to buy return tickets, less trouble In this case, the return ticket will be with an open date. You can sail back at any time, just showing the ticket, the main thing is not lose it. But time will only be available from that company where you sailed to Phi Phi.
You can get to Pi-Pi not only by ferry. There is an option sail on the speedboat, buying a private crossing. On average will rise from 1500 baht per person, but depends on the number of people on boat
All ferry boats moor on Pi-Don-Don, to Tonsai pier (Tonsai). If you bukali hotel and it is located on a different beach, better ask if they provide a transfer from Tonsai to the end points of travel. Let me remind you that on Pi-Pi there are only two beaches on foot. availability near the pier, the rest can be reached, either by dying from heat on the mountain paths, or a taxi-boat. Some hotels provide a transfer by land – you go on foot, and a special man carries your suitcase on the cart. Transfer to be expected on Tonsai pier, there are hotel workers waiting for guests.
Pier Tonsai on Phi Phi, with signs are hotel workers
I stand on Tonsai Pier (Phi Phi) and wait for the return ferry
Rassada Pier on the map
From Krabi to Phi Phi
From the airport and Krabi town
If you arrived at Krabi airport without a ticket to the end point travel, you will need to solve the issue of transfer to the pier Klong Jilad in Krabi Town, from where passenger ferries run to Phi Phi Islands. There are two options.
- Go to the racks of travel agencies and buy a joint ticket to Phi-Pi right at the airport, killing two dogs at once – transfer and ferry crossing.
- Independently get to the pier and buy tickets at the box office at the waterfront. Buses to the pier from the airport cost about 150 baht per person, taxi – up to 500 baht. The distance is not very big so even with city traffic you will be taken in 30 minutes.
Ferry ticket: 350 baht with persons.
Ferry departure time: 9:00, 10:30, 13:00, 15:00.
Travel time: 1.5 hours.
If you arrived in Krabi town by land, then the easiest way get to Klong Jilad pier – stop near any travel agencies on the street and buy tickets from them. Ticket price As a rule, it also includes the cost of transfer from the hotel to the ferry, so they’ll take you away from the agency with a breeze right on ferry boat. If you catch a taxi to the pier, keep mind that the whole town is 8 km long, that is, even from the very the far edge of Krabi town to the pier, the price can not be higher than 300 baht, bargain.
Watch the time when the last ferry leaves. If you not fit into these terms, the transfer will have to be ordered already from hotel and the next day, which means it makes sense to find yourself first housing for overnight and there already, at the reception or in the next kiosk to buy tickets Best of all – go to Ao Nang, do not sit the same half a day and all night in a dusty city. First, the incredibly beautiful road between mountains, secondly, sunset will meet on the beach and with good mood.
From Krabi Airport, you can reach Ao Nang by bus and taxi, here you can see all options of transport to the resort. From Krabi Town, you can go to the Songteo (bus-picakp) for 50 baht and taxi (400 baht). As an option, if you know that you will need a taxi in advance, you can order it via the Internet from Kiwitaxi.
Klong Jilad Pier on the map
From Ao Nang
If you came to Ao Nang before you decided to go to Wee, no problems with travel will arise at all. You have 2 options.
- Drive yourself to Noppart Tara Pier (any three-wheel tuk-tuk at a bargain price) and buy it yourself ferry ticket.
- Buy a ticket in the lobby of your hotel guest house, well, or in a nearby travel agency, then forget about the hassle.
Ferry ticket price: 450 baht per person, return ticket 350 baht.
Travel time: about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Ferries to Phi Phi Island depart from Nopparat Thara Pier which is tucked away at the furthest edge of Nopparat Tara beach (see card) at 9:30 am After 15 minutes, he makes a stop at West Riley, takes the people there, and then follows without stopping until Pi-Pi.
There is no West Riley pier on the map, because – the pier on West Riley not. Basically. Landing and disembarking from the ferry is carried out with using longtails.
Pier Nopparat Thara on the map
Life hacking 1 – how to buy a good insurance
Choosing insurance is now unrealistically difficult, therefore, to help everyone travelers, I make a rating. To do this, constantly monitor forums, I study insurance contracts and use insurance by myself.
Life hacking 2 – how to find a hotel 20% cheaper
First, choose a hotel on Booking. They have a good base offers, but the prices are NOT the best! The same hotel is often possible find 20% cheaper in other systems through the RoomGuru service.